SEMI Hockey Coaching Resources
Coaching a team this season? Make sure your courses are up to date to avoid ineligibility! The first 4 qualifications below (red -> green) must be completed prior to participation on the ice or bench. Your coaching course (in blue) must be completed no later than December 1st (Development 1) or December 15th (Coach 1/Coach 2)
Have you previously coached a team and would like to check to see if you are up to date with qualifications? Login to your eHockey account and check your courses and expiry dates! CLICK HERE to login. Be sure to double check the graph below to ensure that you have the correct coaching courses for your division.
CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK (CRC): Complete an online CRC (every 3 seasons).
- If you are unable to complete the online check, please head into your local RCMP branch to get it done in person. Bring THIS LETTER and 2 pieces of ID.
- CLICK HERE for Surrey RCMP locations and hours | CLICK HERE For White Rock RCMP location and hours
RESPECT IN SPORT FOR ACTIVITY LEADERS (RIS): Complete the online RIS-Activity Leaders Course . This course must be renewed every 5 seasons. You MUST ensure that you use the pre-registration code SMH-T2D4W8D and ensure that Semiahmoo is selected from the organizations list.
PLANNING A SAFE RETURN TO HOCKEY: Complete the new online 'Planning a Safe Return to Hockey' video. It's short & sweet but you must complete the survey at the end to be certified.
CONCUSSION AWARENESS TRAINING TOOL 'COACH' (CATT): Complete the online CATT-Coach course.
BC HOCKEY COACHING COURSE: Complete the required BC Hockey coaching course for your division (see graph below)
- CLICK HERE for detailed coaching clinic information for the 2020-21 season
- COACH COURSE REIMBURSEMENT: Once you have completed the course in its entirety and you have received an email from BC Hockey advising completion, forward your BC Hockey letter (or screenshot of your profile showing completion), payment receipt, Expense Reimbursement Request Form and email all three to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that we will not reimburse for any coaching courses if they are not completed in full (ie - if you only completed the online portion and do not end up attending the in person course, we will not reimburse for the online portion).
- Coach Appliation (Rep Teams)
- Coach Resource Files (Dropbox)
- Coaches Initial Duty
- Coach Bench Card
- Coach - Code of Conduct (complete & hand to your Team Manager)
- Mandatory Helmet Policy
- Teaching Body Checking the Right Way
- BC Hockey Coaching Info & Links
CROSS-ICE INFO (U6-U9)
- BC Hockey - U6-U9 Program Delivery - General Information
- BC Hockey - Gameplay Best Practices
- BC Hockey - Officiating Guidelines
- BC Hockey - U11 Transitional Plan
CODE OF CONDUCT & MEDICAL FORMS
- **NEW**SEMI Hockey COVID Responsibility Code
- COACH CODE OF CONDUCT
- PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT (no need to collect as they were collected at time of registration)
- PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT (no need to collect as they were collected at time of registration)
- MEDICAL INFORMATION FORM (no need to collect as info was collected at time of registration. Managers can view medical forms on the rostering tab in TeamSnap (click each player profile, scroll to bottom, click medical form link to download)
FUNDRAISING & OFF-ICE ACTIVITIES
- BC Gaming Licence Application (for raffles & 50/50)
- Special Events Sanction Form (must complete for off-ice activities, dryland, etc.)
- Insurance & Entrepreneurial or Private Instructors and Groups
- Pacific Coast Amateur Hockey Association (PCAHA)
- 2020-21 PCAHA FVW League Manager Info
- 2020-21 PCAHA U11A League Manager Info
- 2020-21 PCAHA U13A League Manager Info
- 2020-21 PCAHA U15A League Manager Info
- 2020-21 PCAHA U18A League Manager Info
- PCAHA U11A-U13A Zoom Meeting Recording
- PCAHA 2019-20 Manual (will update with 2020-21 Manual once received)
- PCAHA Week-By-Week Breakdown_2020-2021 Season
- BC Hockey
- Hockey Canada
HISPORTS & GAME DAY ESSENTIALS
- HiSports Electronic Game Sheet Information & Sign Up
- HiSports Scratch Pad
- HiSports 'How to Find Other Teams Contact Information'
- HiSports Coach & Manager Training
- Centennial Arena Score Clock Instructions
- List of Team ID's (Hockey Canada official rosters)
ICE MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
- Team Manager Manual 2020-21 (contains useful info for Coaches as well)
- BC Hockey Conduct Policy 4.06 Alcohol Drugs Tobacco and Illegal Activity
- Co-Ed Dressing Room Policy
- SEMI Hockey Logo - Information
TEAMWEAR, FANWEAR, JERSEYS, SOCKS
- Cyclone Taylor Team Tracksuit/Practice Jerseys/Socks Info
- 2020-21 3rd Jersey Order Form + Info (U11A + up only)
- Policy on Team & Fan Wear