Normally, SEMI Hockey opens Returning Player Registration in early April and allows for guaranteed placement and no additional late fees if registration is completed by May 15. In past years we have allowed for installment payments with a $200 deposit on the date of registration and the remainder split equally over the summer months. New player registration normally begins around May 15.
Spring 2020 is anything but normal. We recognize that it’s a challenging and uncertain time for everyone and we are continuing to monitor COVID-19 developments. We are working closely with our governing bodies, skills providers, and facilities partners to actively plan for the 2020-21 season, recognizing that there continues to be uncertainty about when the start of that might be. We are optimistic that by Fall 2020 we will be in a position to welcome hockey back into our lives and see our community back at the hockey rink.
One of the key considerations to our planning is an accurate estimate of registration numbers in each division so it is important that we proceed with a registration process.
Changes to Registration for the 2020-21 Season
We have made the following changes to our Registration Protocols for the 2020-21 Season given the current situation:
- Returning player registration for the 2020-21 Season will open on April 20
- All returning players will have priority registration for the 2020-21 Season until June 15 ($100 late fee applies after that)
- Register on or before June 14th and have the option to pay by credit card installments ($200 at time of registration and the remainder split equally among June 15th, July 15th and August 15th). If you choose to register on or after June 15th, you will be subject to a $100 late fee per player and will not have an option to pay by credit card installments.
- Payments can also be made by E-transfer, however this option does not allow for installment payments. The payment deadline for E-transfer payments is June 15.
- New player registration will begin June 15 (click here for info)