SEMI Hockey (Semiahmoo Minor Hockey Association) is seeking proposals from individuals or groups to fill the position of Player Development Lead(s).
SEMI Hockey is a minor hockey association located in the lower mainland area of British Columbia. The association is one of the larger ones in the region with close to 1000 members. SEMI Hockey offers programing for ages 4-20, in Initiation, recreational and competitive streams.
This role will work closely with the Executive Director and will be key in enabling SEMI Hockey to offer best-in-class competitive and recreational hockey programs that bring forward the widest possible funnel of athletes and coaches and focuses them in a common direction; improving player skill and greatly enhancing the consistency and overall hockey experience.
Please see attached job description for an outline of requirements.
Proposals should include the following information:
- A detailed hockey resume for each prospective individual,
- An outline of previous development work performed at the minor hockey level,
- A summary of the applicant’s philosophy on player development in a minor hockey context,
- 2-3 references from individuals or groups familiar with the applicant’s hockey development experience,
- Any relevant certifications or credentials,
- A declaration of any potential conflicts of interest – ie: spring hockey programs, business or family connections to the association, other concurrent coaching commitments,
- A brief outline of how you would program a local 2 week summer hockey school in our region. Should offer options for multiple age groups and both rep and house stream players.
Please send all required information in one PDF document via email to email@example.com or drop off to the SEMI Hockey office at:
1544 Foster Street, White Rock, BC V4B 3X8
Submission deadline – Feb 5th 2018
CLICK HERE to read the full job description