The hockey season starts sometime in September (early or late depending on the division) and ends the end of February or early March. Hockey typically runs over long weekends, however, takes a break for Christmas (unless your team is involved in tournaments).
The cost of the hockey season depends on the age group your child is in. Check out our registration page for current registration fees for each age group. If you break down the cost of Hockey 1, those players are on the ice on average twice per week for 21 weeks. $595/21=$28/week.
Teams typically collect extra funds to cover things such as tournaments, trophies, wrap up party and other swag or goodies throughout the season. Hockey 1 team fees for the season are usually around $100/player.
SEMI Hockey's rep tryouts (Atom-Midget) will begin as early as Friday evening of the Labour Day long weekend. If you intend to tryout for Rep, please ensure you are in town for Labour Day weekend!
All applications for refunds, withdrawals or transfers must be made in writing and submitted to the SEMI Hockey Office, email@example.com. Refunds will be processed on the following basis:
- Refunds requested prior to August 15th will be in full less a $50 administration fee.
- Refunds requested prior to August 31st will be in full less a $50 administration fee if there is a waiting list for that division or age group or they will be processed under the next category.
- Refunds requested prior to October 31st will be calculated at 66% less a $50 administration fee.
- Refunds requested prior to November 30th will be calculated at 33% less a $50 administration fee.
- There will be no refunds approved after November 30th unless approved by the SMHA Board. Special consideration may be given for relocation, medical or compassionate grounds at the Board’s discretion.
- Rep tryout fees are non refundable.
- You will be refunded the same way you paid (ie. credit card or cheque).
- Refund cheques will be mailed.
- Refunds due to injury after December 1st will be provided upon receipt by the Minor Hockey office of a letter from the player's Physician noting the date of the injury. Refunds will be pro-rated less a $50 administration fee from the date of injury
Refunds due to medical reasons, other than injuries, will only be considered by the Executive upon written request supported by a letter from the player’s Physician.
- All refunds, no matter the case, are subject to a $50 administration fee.
SEMI Hockey is mainly a volunteer run organization with a few contract employees who keep the day to day administrative and hockey operations running smoothly. In order to keep registration fees low, we rely on each and every family to help out along the way, whether it is helping out at evaluations, managing equipment, time/scorekeeping, coaching, managing teams and lots more! Each family is required to volunteer a minimum of 5 hours throughout the season and if that minimum is not met, your $250 volunteer deposit cheque will be cashed.
SEMI Hockey's home arenas are Centennial Arena and the South Surrey Arena, however, with the amount of players we have in the association, those two ice surfaces cannot accommodate all of our teams. In order to accommodate all of our players, SEMI utilizes ice at the two above mentioned arenas, as well as Excellent Ice, Newton Arena, Surrey Sports & Leisure Complex and the Great Pacific Forum. Additionally, teams in H4 and above will play games vs other associations and will have away games at their home arenas.